Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shure M-65 Clone Phono Record Tube Preamp Preamplifier

Shure M-65 Clone Phono Preamp

RIAA equalization using a pair of 12AX7

Powered with a pair of filament transformers

Completed on 9/26/07


Inspired by the fact that my new Adcom GTP-600 preamp didn't have a phono stage...


Yep, I could have used a bigger chassis, but I worked with what I had on hand. I Can't believe I fit all the parts in a box this small. It looks cool messy like this with an open top, so the cover's off. It sounds pretty natural and brings outs the vintage vinyl sound. The only modifications that I made on the original M-65 schematic is rectification on the filament power supply and the increase in capacitance for the PS. A cool little project under 60 bucks...(I did use parts pulled from my other guitar amp that I gave up on).

1 comment:

Justin Benn said...

Hi,

Would you be willing to make a clone M65 for me (240V)?

Justin.